Re: Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 01:18:09PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Another project that looks at DEP-12 metadata is DUCK, the Debian URL
> checker. I think it looks at DEP-12 stuff as a source of URLs to
> check.

From a quick glance, doesn't seem so.

> In your patch I think you mean [ ! -d $srcfile ] instead of -e? The
> latter will match if debian/upstream is a dir or a file but I think
> you want it to only match on files and maybe symlinks?

The part I think you're referring to is the handling of svn
repositories, in which case the existence check is for an exported file
named either upstream (for debian/upstream) or metadata (for
debian/upstream/metadata).  There's a call to "svn ls" a few lines
earlier that determines which actually exists.

I did notice something else in looking over the patch and will follow up
with that to the bug.

> There are other issues with uscan/DEP-12;
>
> debian/watch is duplicated in the Watch field in DEP-12 debian/upstream.

Partially.  DEP-12 assumes it to be a version=3 format line and only
supports a single line.

> umegaya doesn't support packages where there is no VCS. Not sure if
> the blends site has the same issue?

As far as I know, both are specifically intended to collect data only
from a VCS, yes.

Cheers,
--
James