Re: Packaging of stunnel / MIA for Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz

On Thursday, February 06, 2014 13:59:59 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There have been multiple new upstream releases for stunnel4 and the
> package has gathered quite some bugs without any feedback from its
> maintainer. Looking at Rodrigo's QA page [0] his last actions were
> quite some time ago (2012) and most packages would have gathered RC
> bugs without the help of some fellow Debian Developers doing NMUs.
>
> Lennart Weller has prepared an updated package for stunnel4, which
> does not fit the default NMU criteria (e.g. being minimal) and is
> also willing to take over the package. I would sponsor the package
> for him once Rodrigo's status is clear.
>
> So here are my questions:
>  * Does anyone know Rodrigo's whereabouts/status?
>  * Can the MIA team take this over?
>
> [0] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rodrigo&comaint=yes
>
> -- Sebastian

NMUs don't necessarily need to be minimalistic -- for instance packaging new
versions is something that can be done with NMUs.  This is admittedly not
terribly clear and I raised this question in #672198 which hasn't had any
activity for almost two years.

For cases where the maintainer is unresponsive for an extended period, I'd
recommend requesting a new version via a 'wishlist' bug, then releasing a new
version as a -0.1 NMU.  Others (myself included) have done this successfully.

As always, thanks for your continued work in Debian.  ;-)

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us