Re: dpkg-dev: please reject native/non-native version when building native/non-native source packages

Le Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 12:46:09PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann a écrit :

> All this sounds like it can be done with git-buildpackage

Hello everybody,

I have the impression that we are arguing because of solution in search for a
problem.

Some things worked with the previous version of dpkg, with no extra work for
anybody.

Who benefited directly from the change of behavior ?  Nobody ?  Then please
revert it; it was not necessary.

I propose a compromise.

 - First, somebody convinces Joey to switch the ikiwiki to a non-native
   format.  If you can twist the arm of a highly reputed developer, it means
   that the problem that you attempted to solve (a stricter distinction between
   native and non-native packages) was really important.

 - Then, we consider that others can follow.

 - In the meantime, please revert the change in dpkg.  There is no need to
   prevent packages in the 3.0 (native) format to use non-native version
   number.

Alternatively, please rename the "3.0 (native)" format to "3.0 (tarball)" or
anything elese, and we are done.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy