Re: dpkg-dev: please reject native/non-native version when building native/non-native source packages

On 4 February 2014 13:38, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> * Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@debian.org>, 2014-02-04, 13:30:
>
>> Enforcing Debian Policy at dpkg-source -b . level, is not a good idea,
>> especially when it breaks backwards compat for 3rd parties. We have lintian,
>> and ftp-master lintian auto-rejects to clense the archive if so is desired.
>

> Hear, hear. And I even doubt there's consensus it is desired.

Patch is attached to the new bug filed about this issue
Proposed patch adds "--force-native" dpkg-source option for the "3.0
(Native)" format, which ignores enforcing native version number check.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.