Re: Valve games for Debian Developers

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 04:40:50PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Shachar Shemesh dijo [Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 04:20:07PM +0200]:
> > On 23/01/14 13:45, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > > The risk of any "outsider" to become a DD for this offer alone is slim to none.
> >
> > You're forgetting the free LWN subscription.
>
> ...Which is a perk I *do* appreciate and use on an almost daily
> basis.
>
> (what, am I the only old grump who's not attracted to game playing?)

Gunnar,

No, I'm absolutely with you on this one. LWN - This is, effectively,
a sponsorship gesture from HP which means that they are getting advertising/
kudos/value from exposure of their name and an expense they can discount as a charitable
donation.

Jon and LWN also get the benefits of insightful contributions from Debian folk,
of course.

AndyC