Re: [RFH] !!SOS!! totally hosed init system

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 01:57:00PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> [...]
> (Also, how much of it
> do I need for upstart? I could probably switch back to sysvinit,
> too – if things will work there again.)

Upstart doesn't directly make use of the LSB headers -- it just calls back onto
SysV (see /etc/init/rc.conf) for legacy init-script support. The SysV
init-script is expected to no-op if it detects a corresponding Upstart job (for
packages that ship both).

In other words, if you don't have a valid corresponding Upstart job in
/etc/init/ for it, you're going to have to make sure the SysV init-script works
as per how it does in a regular pid-1 SysV installation.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin