Re: [loongson-dev] MIPS64EL rootfs available for use and test

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Roman Mamedov <rm@romanrm.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 01:57:59 +0800
> YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, folks,
>>
>> In the recent days, I figure out the mips64el rootfs and test it on
>> Loongson 3A platform.
>> It works well in general, it's time to release it.
>>
>> It can be download from:
>>     http://mips64el.debian.net/debian/rootfs/
>>
>> To install it, what you need to do is just unpack it to a partition
>> and configure kernel/bootloader/fstab by yourself.
>>
>> This is a more detailed instruction for Loongson 3A users:
>>     http://mips64el.debian.net/debian/rootfs/README
>>
>> Know issues:
>>     1. MIPS64r2 ISA is required,
>>          while we have made a agree to downgrade the requirement to
>> mips3 in future.
>
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for your work, it is nice to see Loongson is not
> forgotten. :)
>
> I wonder will this work on Loongson 2F? It is MIPS64 too, but is it "r2"?

It does not work on Loongson 2F, because Loogson 2F is 64-bit capable
but supports MIPS-III only. You'll need 2G, 3A ,or 3B to use this work
if you'd like to choose from Loongson family.

Original mail also metioned that it will downgrade to use MIPS3 in the
future, that means rebuilding the whole archive and creating a new
rootfs, which is able to work on Loongson 2E/2F.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu