Re: New ksh/ksh93 package, half the size, ten times the features!!!!

ольга крыжановская dixit:

>Thorsten, thanks for the review, but the package was not intended for
>official review yet. I only send it around, to find a mentor, and then
>weed out the bugs, one by one, and some one else leaked that posting
>to debian-devel, before the work was ready.

Ah, okay. But on the other hand, early review is good too ☺

I just saw the point of the build script being a Korn Shell
script being rised and thought to try whether it works with
mksh as build dependency, and if not, maybe whether I could
change the script so it does because, obviously, I know the
mksh specifics best ;)

>The package was intentionally AMD64 only for now, to simplify testing.
>I already have a better, more cross platform version, but still would

OK. I can test on i386 and m68k ;)

>prefer to work out the dependencies one, by one, as you already found
>out.

Sure. As I said, cowbuilder helps with this.

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of