Re: Decision on R datasets

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:31:47PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:

> Charles' statement made me nervous because it sounds like he is saying
> he's not interested in looking carefully enough to know which side of
> any line he's on, and he wants to use Debian resources to redistribute
> that lack of effort.  I don't think that's responsible behavior, and I
> don't want him to take such a cavalier attitude with resources that
> affect the wider project.  If Charles wants to pack up his toys and go
> home, I'd like him to actually go home.

I'd call statements like yours at putting fellow DDs attitudes at its
worst.  There is no point in accusing Charles about not having
understand Debian's philosophy correctly.  You would be well advised to
check out Charles very picky work on licenses before becoming agressive
like this.  So there is no point in taking a possibly emotional comment
about additional work (compared to a status quo we had before) that was
put on Charles by a new guideline about R packages that are all DFSG
licensed and distributable but just not in the prefered form of
modification.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--