Re: Decision on R datasets

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 09:32:01PM +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> I had noticed you doing a lot of work on R packaging, and would like
> to express my appreciation. I know much of the time packaging can seem
> like hard and thankless work.

Having done several R packages myself I need to admit that this kind of
packaging is somehow the most easy Debian packaging you might imagine.
Since the initial mail of this thread[1] it became a bit more
challenging but finally this additional task to do is communication
with upstream.  This could open a new way for people who are not
feeling competent enough to do the admittedly easy packaging.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/09/msg00332.html

--