Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)

Julien Cristau writes ("Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)"):
> No, I mean the upstream tarball contains autotools-generated files that
> debian/rules deletes (and that aren't in my, or upstream's, git tree).
> dpkg-source ignores removals when generating the debian diff, so they're
> extracted by dpkg-source -x, but since the first step after that is
> pretty much always debian/rules clean, they're irrelevant.

If your source package contains the files, and your git tree does too,
then you will find that debian/rules clean generates a dirty git tree.
How do you deal with this problem at the moment ?

I think that whatever solution you adopt will work for dgit too,
although you will want to pass "-wg" to dgit sbuild so that your
build doesn't run rules/clean but instead uses git-clean.

Ian.