Re: Replacing a binary package by another one(was: Communication issue?)

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 10:57 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Di, 03 Sep 2013, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> > texlive-lang-european?  It doesn't look like it to me (no Breaks or
> > Conflicts), but I haven't actually tried it.
>
> conflicts there are, texlive-base conflicts with all the old packages.
>
> TL2013 made big changes to the naming of packages. If I go down
> the road you suggest I have to introduce about 30 transitional
> packages ...
>
> Simple answer: No.
>
> If someone wants to, I am fine to hand over the maintainance of TL
> to those who think they can handle it.
>
> I will not carry 30+ transitional packages.

How much do those packages weigh, Norbert?  Are TeX transitional
packages particularly heavy?

I really don't know why you think TeX is exempt from the usual
requirements to support clean upgrades between Debian releases.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.