Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 05:20:21PM +0200, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> >But why on earth did  very simple thing like multihead management break?
>
> Very simple thing ‽ Clearly, you have no idea.

It was functional and working for me in Squeeze it doesnt now.

Wheezy is supposed to use monitors.conf - isnt it?
I like the possibility to have multiple location depending
monitor setups but i guess my IQ is not enough to understand
how this is supposed to work. It simply doesnt for me and
after a week staring at code and monitor.xml stuff i simply gave
up and wrote 10 lines of shell script.

#698340 - No answer for 6 Months - Way before release
#698781 - Same here ...

Now what do the less skilled people? Are you telling them to
use Ubuntu?

So now i manually run shell scripts which run xrandr commands
and kill half the desktop and restart it because primary screen
changes on docking at work. WTF?!?! Its 2013 and we went through
xinerama and randr extension to get this working.

I simply say Wheezy/Gnome3 is a step back because basic functionality was
removed.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de