Re: Bits from ARM porters

]] Ingo Jürgensmann

> Trying to convince me to become a DD is as old as running Arrakis as
> second m68k buildd to Kullervo. Over 12 years now. Back then it would
> have been easy: just say "Yes, I want to be a DD, here's my gpg key!"

Not really, I became a DD about then and went through the full NM with
P&P and all.

> > I’d really like to get everyone who’s got root on the m68k buildds,
> > or physical access to it¹, to be a member of the project, though…
>
> Well, this would be the only reason for me that would justify a new
> application: establishing some degree of trust, well, more official
> trust relationship than now. But beyond that... well, I don't know if
> it makes sense to become a DD in a big effort.
> Actually, I'm not against it, but I have no problem with not being
> one. If others think it would make sense, then it's perfectly fine for
> me to re-apply if I won't face the same trouble again.

With no particular hat on, I'd really like anybody running services for
and pushing packages into Debian to have some sort of official hat,
whether it's DD or DM or similar.  As for merging buildd.net into the
rest of the wbadm stuff, I have no opinion.  Talking to the existing
wbadm people is probably the best way forward.

--
Tollef Fog Heen