Re: Bits from ARM porters

>> I don't really see the point, as it is already the case. Actually most
>> of the uploaders in debian-ports are non-DD, and it is something that
>> should not be lost in the transfer either.
>
>If debian-ports is converted to official Debian service, then all the
>user database is extracted from LDAP, which allows access to DD, but
>non-DD have a problem (similar with alioth guest accounts). Somehow
>that needs to be solved. While in the sprint, few DAM members were
>around and we were able to discuss it a little bit. Apparently, the
>consensus was to make those people Debian contributors or the such
>early in the process, if I understood correctly.

Iâ??d love to have a bit more incentive to get people like Ingo, who
has been doing m68k buildd work for, I believe, a decade, to become
at least a Debian member. On the other hand, while some of these
people (porters) will need packaging skills and should attempt to
become full uploading DD, some (buildd admins) will need more or
less only trust and some limited technical skills (ofc they should
be welcome to do more), so we shouldnâ??t put the barrier *too* high.

Iâ??d really like to get everyone whoâ??s got root on the m68k buildds,
or physical access to it¹, to be a member of the project, though�

bye,
//mirabilos

â?  Though this would include â??remote handsâ?? like parents, or data
  centre personnell, which we cannot justify.