Re: Bug#727708: tech-ctte: Decide which init system to default to in Debian.
2013/10/30 Helmut Grohne <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> What is going to happen with non-Linux ports?
Debian is not Debian without non-Linux ports.
As for me, I think it is not very hard to maintain diffrent init
systems for different kernels.
Especially if Debian GNU/Linux get rid of sysvinit: writing systemd or upstrart
services is simple (as well as SMF).
Just one example from OSDyson (lighttpd):
1. dh-smf: http://cgit.osdyson.org/dh-smf.git
2. lighttpd depends on dh-smf for illumos kernel:
3. No changes in d/rules (!):
4. DH automatically peeks up dh_smf:
5. dh_smf looks into this directory:
6. dh_installinit is no-op on Dyson