Re: Proposal: s have a GR about the init system

On 10/27/2013 07:49 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I strongly recommend that the three current and former employees of Canonical
> refrain from voting: not only because of the current circumstances, but also to
> make the case for the time a different conflict of interest will happen.

I don't agree with this view. A lot of the development in Debian is
driven by Canonical as well, and the opinion of Canonical / Ubuntu
counts for me. Having some people from Canonical involve in the vote is
simply representative of the active DDs as well, and what makes Debian
(I'm not sure if it is on the same proportion, but I don't think we
should go that far in this reasoning either...). In other words, *if
there's was* conflict of interest in the voters (I don't think there
is), then we could as well consider that Debian also has a conflict of
interest toward Canonical too, so it wouldn't have been a bad thing
after all.

Though as Didier wrote, I do trust them, I "assume good faith", and will
let them do their best. I also think this is really a bad topic which
shouldn't even have been raised in this list. This is very
disrespectful. It has been fed by trolls who aren't doing anything in
Debian and who are used to do such things in other communities (yes,
Uoti, I'm pointing at you... among others). And it has gone a way too
far already.

No doubt that the tech-ctte is facing a very difficult decision, maybe
one of the hardest in the history of that entity. It is now obvious to
me that there is no good answer to the problem we are facing, and that
the tech-ctte decision, whatever it will be, wont satisfy everyone. So I
just hope that everyone will realize that, and respect whatever decision
they will take.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)