Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

On 10/26/2013 10:37 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> - Against systemd speaks that it's uncertain on whether there will be a
> solution in the end for the non-Linux UNIX flavours - which I think
> Debian should support for ethical and philosophical reasons.
> Admittedly I have no idea how the situation is there wrt upstart.

If neither Upstart or Systemd works for these non-Linux ports, then
there's OpenRC. Which is why I worked on it (and I did this, mainly
because of "ethical and philosophical reasons" as you put it). It
wouldn't hurt to have more help on it...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)