Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

> systemd doing more is quite relevant for this decision as far as I
> understand the discussion: unlike upstart, systemd is not just an init
> replacement, but offers additional services like journald or logind.

I don't mean to be rude but please read up on systemd and see the pros
of cons such as on LWN.net comments or any distro mailing list as many
are tired of systemd discussion and this wide ranging and much of the
stolen/borrowed/existing functionality is what many don't want
mandated on all systems by default for various reasons.

You can have it if you want it through installation you shouldn't have
to have it in memory etc. and optionally not use it.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)