Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

But then again you have Flashback mode [0].

And just bashing GNOME DE for systemd and GNOME Classic
is not good enough point because probably the largest user base
of Debian user use GNOME.

This comment should not be seen as pro-GNOME as XFCE is
also decent DE which I also admire. Also I have question - the
last time I checked XFCE it had a lot of GNOME dependencies.
Is this still a true?

Cheers,

zlatan

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 18:31 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> What's the the status of XFCE regarding accessibility?
>
> That was a big strengh of GNOME for a long time, though I've heard
> rumors (sorry not to be more specific) that gnome-shell has some
> unsolved issues in that regard, which is a problem since GNOME
> classic/fallback mode is gone in 3.8.

An even stronger reason to move away from Gnome if the classic mode
disappears.