Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME

On 24 October 2013 10:59, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 09:11:30AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 02:09:46AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
>> >  And I for one heavily use vservers
>>
>> It's a professional shame of mine that we are still trying to get rid of
>> some old vserver instances at $WORK.
>
> lxc is still nowhere close to vserver (or openvz) functionality.  It lacks
> even basics like "vserver enter" (you can't access a container more than
> once other than via ssh or similar), not to speak about holding hostile
> root.  vserver probably is too heavily in maintenance mode to pretend to
> satisfy this anymore, but not catching all intentional attackers doesn't
> mean not stopping unintentional breakage -- or even intentional but
> not sophisticated enough intruders.

http://linux.die.net/man/1/lxc-attach

$ sudo lxc-attach --name mycontainer -- login

if you wish to gain full login prompt. It has been around at least
since 2012. And you can have multiple ones....

What do you mean by "holding hostile root." ?

Regards,

Dmitrijs.