a stupid suggestion for dpkg?

Dear Debian Developers,

May be this is the wrong place or my subject has been already discussed
in different ways, but is it a crazy idea that a package provides kinds
of pre- prerm and/or post- postinst scripts regarding package(s) that
is(are) just recommended or suggested by it? So that those scripts are
then executed before removal or after installation of the related one(s)
(in conjonction of it then).
I was thinking of it as a general approach to solve small issues like
#727251 by for instance creating/deleting a link into /etc/xdg/autostart
or anything else similar.

Best regards,
Patrice