Re: First autoremovals happen in about 8 days

Le Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 10:51:42PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer a écrit :

> I really doubt that possibly interested people will subscribe to all the
> packages they are interested in.

Hello everybody,

in one way or the other, there will always be some people who miss the
information because it is sent in a channel that they are not familiar with.

I think that the best solution is to have the information available in a
systematic manner, and then let people rely on that source to automate display
or messaging in the communication channel that is suitable for the use case
that they want to support.

This would make it easy for volunteers to write a script that periodically
sends emails to this list about upcoming removals, or to add this information
to the periodical WNPP email, so that it does not add to the traffic.

By the way, I think that the automated removals (and the automated "autopkg"
testing) are a big step forward.  Let me take this opportunity to thank to the
Release team for this !

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy