Re: First autoremovals happen in about 8 days

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Bill Allombert wrote:

I am concerned that in the event a package is removed from testing,
the people most interested with restoring the package will miss the
removal, since the package will stay installed on their systems.

Would this be addressed by building some mechanism (making tombstone packages comes to mind, but there are many options) for apt to prompt to remove packages that were removed in the archive?

I find myself having to do some package-origin queries with aptitude and some cross-checking with the PTS _anyway_ when upgrading a nontrivially-complicated system (including one that ever ran testing) between releases, so this seems like it's likely to be worth building regardless.

--
Geoffrey Thomas
http://ldpreload.com