Compatibility of libs for Berkeley DB (libdb5.1-dev or libdb4.8-dev)

I'm going to install Bitcoin daemon on Debian wheezy.
As far as it's absent in Debian repositories, I plan to get source from GitHub (<a href=https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin>here</a>).
BUT: I've read in <a href=https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md>this build note</a>,
that it depends on libdb4.8-dev (development package which contains headers and
static libraries for the Berkeley v4.8 database library), and libdb4.8-dev cannot be substituted by libdb5.1-dev,
because "these will break binary wallet compatibility".
The libdb4.8-dev is absent in Debian repositories and can be found at <a href=https://launchpad.net/~bitcoin/+archive/bitcoin>ppa:bitcoin/bitcoun</a>.
It, in turn, depends on libdb4.8, which is substituted by libdb5.1 on Debian wheezy.
And a lot of installed software depends on libdb5.1.

What should I do now?
I cannot uninstall libdb5.1, because it would break a lot of installed packages.
I cannot install libdb4.8-dev + libdb4.8, because it conflicts with libdb5.1.
And I cannot install bitcoind + libdb5.1-dev, because "these will break binary wallet compatibility".

Thanks in advance.