Re: Replacing a binary package by another one(was: Communication issue?)

On Di, 03 Sep 2013, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> texlive-lang-european?  It doesn't look like it to me (no Breaks or
> Conflicts), but I haven't actually tried it.

conflicts there are, texlive-base conflicts with all the old packages.

TL2013 made big changes to the naming of packages. If I go down
the road you suggest I have to introduce about 30 transitional
packages ...

Simple answer: No.

If someone wants to, I am fine to hand over the maintainance of TL
to those who think they can handle it.

I will not carry 30+ transitional packages.

Norbert