Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> wrote:

> I think you have a very valid point here. I kind of doubt many people would
> like to run on a five year old desktop.

Stats seem to disagree:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=11&qpcustomb=0

Five year old desktop doesn't matter as long as you can install recent applications. That's not a problem on Windows or Mac, and it's not a problem on Linux (or any other Unix) either thanks to RPATH/RUNPATH with $ORIGIN .

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org