Re: jessie release goal: verbose build logs

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Is there any reason this hasn't been applied yet?
> Can I NMU this, as debhelper is marked as LowNMU package.

Not for reasons such as allowing patches like this.

Making all builds verbose by default has both advantages and
disadvantages.

The disadvantages include making builds possibly so noisy that when one
runs them during daily work, once ignores all output. Including
important compiler warnings.

(This is the same reason why it's a bad idea to let a codebase
accumulate a lot of compiler warnings!)

I'd be ok with DH_VERBOSE enabling the verbose behavior, and the buildds
could then enable it.

--
see shy jo