Re: unnecessarily tight dependency on R for r-cran-scales

Hi Faheem,

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:24:23PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> >One could consider adding systematically the magic tilde to the
> >version numbers passed to ${R:Depends}, but at that point, I think
> >that it is even better to implement a versionned R API number.
>
> A versioned R API number would be a good idea. Is this supported by
> R? What would be involved in implementing it?

I can not read Charles' mind but as far as I understood he tried to
propose that we are distinguishing via R package versioning between
different R APIs and there is no support from R upstream is needed -
we just need to know when R API has changed to bump the version of
the package.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--