pidof changing from sysvinit-devel to procps

Besides my Debian duties I am also upstream for procps. I have been in
discussion with the sysvinit-tools upstream and they want to find a new
home for pidof so it "fits" with similiar tools (pidof used to be in
procps in the dark ages). This means shortly that pidof will disappear
from sysvinit-tools and appear in procps.

If your package uses pidof, we need to talk about it NOW so that this
change doesn't put you in the lurch. I believe merely depending on procps
will do what is needed, with the right version.

If your package uses, or you have a strong case for, non-LSB pidof flags
then it is essential you speak up. The command line options that may be
going are -c -n -m  This is not strictly a Debian thing so you can
always speak up about the options at [1].

For most people (hopefully) this change should be invisible; but for the
minority that it's important, now is the time.

 - Craig
[1] http://www.freelists.org/archive/procps

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au