Re: Finding correct component for Virtual Box / Debian / screen resolution issue

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> I strongly oppose installing, by default, any userland program that
> takes over such low-level hardware control.

Considering that Linux (on my machine) doesn't appear to be able to
spin the fans up to full speed and in general control the fans well
enough to prevent overheating and emergency shutdown without thinkfan
installed and manually configured, I'll have to disagree with you.
IIRC I found out about how to fix this issue with thinkfan from
thinkwiki.org.

--
bye,
pabs