Re: /etc/hosts and resolving of the local host/domainname - 127.0.0.1 vs. 127.0.1.1

Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> writes:

> Does not the Wheezy installer still place hostname.domain.name entries
> in /etc/hosts for said hostname?

We (Stanford) strip them out in FAI.  We can, of course, continue to do
that, but I thought I'd mention it as a data point.  If you have stable
DNS, you really don't want to have another shadow source of IP to host
mapping on local disk; it's almost certain to cause you problems later.

> Or do you mean some entity other than Debian when you say, "we"

Yes, sorry.