Re: Grub 2.00 in testing?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Possibly anything popping up in Built-Using. Random example:
> kibi@arya:~$ \rmadison busybox -s stable,testing,unstable

Looks correct:

pabs@quantz:~$ zcat
/srv/mirrors/debian/dists/{stable,testing,unstable}/main/source/Sources.gz
| grep-dctrl -s Version -XP busybox | sort -u
Version: 1:1.20.0-7
Version: 1:1.20.0-8.1

> Or even worse:
> kibi@arya:~$ \rmadison linux -s stable,testing,unstable

Looks correct:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/

and this:

pabs@quantz:~$ zcat
/srv/mirrors/debian/dists/{stable,testing,unstable}/main/source/Sources.gz
| grep-dctrl -s Version -XP  linux | sort -u
Version: 3.10.1-1
Version: 3.2.32-1
Version: 3.2.39-2
Version: 3.2.41-2
Version: 3.2.41-2+deb7u2
Version: 3.2.46-1
Version: 3.9.6-1
Version: 3.9.8-1

> I've just noticed that #699268 is supposed to be fixed, but last I heard
> about somebody from QA, that was during the last stages of the wheezy
> release cycle, and while the issue was known back then, I think not
> everyone agreed it was the right time to try and get that fixed (that
> conversation probably happened on #debian-release if memory serves,
> which I doubt).

Hmm, ok. So you want madison to hide versions that exist but aren't
the latest version? The Debian archive has had the ability to have
multiple versions in the same suite for quite a while, I'm a bit
surprised this is coming up now. I seem to remember that Built-Using
isn't the only case where this can happen - library transitions can
too IIRC.

--
bye,
pabs