Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Le samedi 20 juillet 2013 à 19:21 -0400, The Wanderer a écrit :
> [I am almost certainly going to regret this.]

I hope so.

> Making the switch away from the entrenched sysvinit is visibly very
> difficult, at least as a social matter, even in the environment we have.
> systemd et al., by virtue of the integration which is apparently one of
> their selling points and the "proprietary"[0] interfaces they seem to
> use, look like they would create an environment where a similar switch
> to "whatever comes next" would be even harder - at least partly as a
> technical matter, rather than a social one.

Hey guys, I know this “Linux” thing is better than Minix, but it brings
a lot of new features that we will be growing accustomed to. If we ever
want to switch to Hurd one day, this is going to be much more
complicated.

This has to be one of the most twisted and bad faith arguments I ever
heard in a situation of change resistance.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :