Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On 07/19/2013 07:47 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 07/19/2013 06:57 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
sysvinit 	148865 	99.83%

The reason might be that systemd does not conflict with sysvinit :).

So are we playing word games now or trying to solve a problem? According to the popcon data, neither systemd nor upstart have enough deployment to be considered anything other than essentially zero.

I don't understand why anyone would assume that the popcon data in this
context is not accurate.

Again, sysvinit is essential, systemd is not and it doesn't have any
reverse dependencies. Thus, every counted systemd installation was
actually actively performed.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz