Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

Hi,

would FOSS Exception similar to http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception/ fix the relicensing problem?

If so, I will propose Oracle developers to add the FOSS Exception to Berkeley DB licensing.

The MySQL FOSS Exception doesn't include 4-clause BSD, so it still might bar some software to create derivative works with Berkeley DB, but the list would be considerably shorter. Or they will need to add the 4-clause BSD license to the exception list.

O.