Re: download of source packages alarmed clamav

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:04:40AM -0700, Austin English wrote:
> [...]
> FYI, some Windows viruses work under Wine (which can do whatever your
> normal user can do, unless you're using AppArmor or something similar
> to restrict it).

That's not entirely true -- a Windows-based keylogger wouldn't really work with
Wine -- you'd need X-specific code for that. I reckon talking to user-accessible
UNIX sockets would probably also be out of the question. But anything that
involves snooping around the filesystem would probably work, but only if it
knows where to look (z: is mapped to / by default) inside a Wine environment.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin