Re: vision: easily move all my data and config to a new machine

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:

I'm currently switching my laptop (again) and I have the following vision:
The Debian system should provide tools to make it possible to switch over from
one machine to another in a matter of minutes without leaving any data,
configuration or customization of the old machine behind.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/

It just needs an update to the latest changes in FHS (/run, /sys, etc), replace LILO with grub, etc

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org