Re: vision: easily move all my data and config to a new machine

Nice to see the first replies coming in. I see that I should have clarified:

- I'm thinking about a scenario where I still switch between machines. So a
one time copy of the full hard disc will not do it.

- The two machines might be different: a desktop at home, a laptop and a small
netbook. I still want to have my data synced and a similar work environment on
all machines. But it does not make sense to install exactly the same packages
on all machines.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro