Re: Ubuntu and Plymouth

Hi Mark,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 02:41:06PM -0700, Mark Symonds wrote:

> …many of us have been to hell and back.  Please be near-insanely careful
> when considering a new init:

> http://marc.merlins.org/perso/linux/post_2010-10-24_Ubuntu-Maverick_-Plymouth-Is-the-Worst-Thing-That-Happened-To-Linux.html

You might be interested in this:

  http://web.dodds.net/~vorlon/wiki/blog/Plymouth_is_not_a_bootsplash/

I think this addresses your concerns from
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mountall/+bug/765735> about
communicating the "why" of plymouth.  (Though not the bug itself, obviously;
that one is still on my radar, though I'm sorry to say I don't know when
I'll have a chance to work on it.  Patches to make the plymouth 'details'
plugin support passing through fsck status info would be most welcome.)