Re: Ubuntu and Plymouth

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 02:41:06PM -0700, Mark Symonds wrote:

> …many of us have been to hell and back.  Please be near-insanely careful when considering a new init:
>
> http://marc.merlins.org/perso/linux/post_2010-10-24_Ubuntu-Maverick_-Plymouth-Is-the-Worst-Thing-That-Happened-To-Linux.html

- Debian is not Ubuntu.  The first Ubuntu release after an LTS tends
  to be pretty bleeding-edge.
- 2.5 years is quite a long time in software development.  These are
  stale complaints, not new information.
- Plymouth is not an init system, anyway.
- There's no need for a new thread.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings