Re: default MTA

On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 07:53 -0400, Chris Knadle wrote:
> There's a reason it feels like this.  Postfix was designed with security in
> mind, but wasn't focused on being a general purpose MTA.  It happens to /work/
> pretty well in that role in many cases, though.
>
>    http://shearer.org/MTA_Comparison#Postfix
Agreed,... but that also somehow indicates to me, that this would be the
more appropriate default MTA.
It will do quite securely what most people need, especially those end
user who have no clue about running mailservers at all.

If an expert admin is used to exim or anything else and thinks postfix
cannot satisfy his demands,... it should be a simple task for him to
switch :)

Chris.