Re: Switching to mozilla ESR in stable-security

Hi Moritz.

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> In the future the majority of packages should thus rather be installed
> through http://addons.mozilla.org instead of Debian packages.
Form a security POV, I think this is really quite dangerous... actually
tendency should go towards the direction that users install plugins
addons only via the package management system.

These plug-in systems which come with their own "package/installation
management" are IMHO also quite bad from a philosophical POV... I mean
they try to replace the traditional package management system, which is
there and superior for very good reasons.

Of course this doesn't mean that I wouldn't see the problem you face
with keeping that stuff running and security supported.

Cheers,
Chris.