Re: "Blacklists" in BTS (stopping the trolls and bug machines)

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 10:41 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> > examples would be useful
>>

>> I have no big problem pointing fingers on d-d.
>>

>> Example 1: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
>
> Often writes poor bug reports, but is not abusive.
>
> [...]
>> Example 2: Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com>
>> Just pushing and pushing and pushing his opinions:
>>
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658208 (Thanks Thijs
>> for handling the most of this bug.)
> [...]
>
> Yes, I think we can do without his bug reports.

I think it would be wrong to discriminate against particular bug
reporters.  I've found it often helpful to make specific suggestions
about the bug reports that I've received that aren't of sufficient
quality.  Sure, that takes some time, but it also reduces repeat poor
submissions because eventually those specific suggestions improve the
quality of those reporters over time.  That probably sounds naive and
too kind, but in my opinion, it's just the right thing to do.

Best wishes,
Mike