Re: Automated piuparts when entering the archive (Was: Debian development and release: always releasable (essay))

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:19 AM, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 01:21:41AM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> That might be possible with DPAs and if upload management is changed
>> generally to get less "broken" packages into unstable. E.g.
>
> I think that most of the ideas you presented are very useful and other
> is how to get there. Of course all the testing features you mentioned is
> not a thing to just switch it on, but there will be a gradual
> transition.
>
> Could you (or anyone else) give a rough idea of what work needs to be
> done to get there? And in which order? I mean getting just a subset of
> what you mentioned (e.g. FTBFS testing or any piuparts run or
> autopkgtest) would be beneficial by itself.

I think the first step would be get get pages like [0] to include
version numbers of the packages tested (and preferably links to test
logs).  If that were in place, then a patch to britney could block
testing migrations for those package versions failed their
wheezy2jessie upgrade test (for example).

Best wishes,
Mike

[0] http://piuparts.debian.org/wheezy2jessie/sources.txt