Re: Automated piuparts when entering the archive (Was: Debian development and release: always releasable (essay))

Hi Holger,

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 02:01:40PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> > 2. I would like to see these tests to be run BEFORE the package enters
> > the archive, and failures would prevent the package to enter.
>
> very DD and DM should run piuparts before uploading.

I vaguely remember this statement from about one year (+/-x).  I wonder
what would it help if everybody *should* but does not?  If it should be
done on any upload anyway (and close to nobody is really doing it) why
not automating this step?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--