Re: simplifying running piuparts

Hi,

On Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Ideally, I would like a guide to setting up piuparts in a simple,
> recommended way, which doesn't assume I already have in-depth knowledge
> of piuparts, and preferably also doesn't assume I already use pbuilder.

that's really easy, esp. with the last constraint. Just run:
sudo piuparts $changes_file

Easy, or?

And if you use pbuilder, piuparts will just pick up that base.tgz.

> Another thing that would be helpful is some sort of idea of what to do
> with a failing piuparts log, for instance "which bits are likely to be
> significant?",

The part at the end where piuparts emits the error. (This is mentioned in the
FAQ.) These lines are also marked "E:".

> I've seen at least a couple of conversations in piuparts-generated RC

Me too. :/ So specific bug reports are definitly welcome, after years of using
piuparts it's all clear to me :-)

>     OK, I made a minimal squeeze chroot, installed package X and
>     upgraded to wheezy. It worked. Now what? What was piuparts doing
>     differently?

Reply this to the bug, piuparts does not much differently than that actually.

cheers,
	Holger