Re: libtiff borken - cannot build anymore?

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

>> The situation is that you can't have both libtiff4-dev and libtiff5-dev
>> on the build dependency chain of any two packages at the same time.
>> For now, what you have to do instead is to have the package that
>> requires libtiff5-dev instead build-depend on libtiff5-alt-dev.  The

> But both are pulled in indirectly, so I cannot influence the necessary
> libtiffN-dev deps that are pulled in.

> DOes that mean now that I have to wait a few months until I can again
> build texlive-bin?

It means that ghostscript needs to be updated to do what Jay says.  I
think there are several options shy of waiting for a few months, such as
making sure there's a bug filed against ghostscript about this problem
to make sure the maintainer is aware (off-hand I don't see one), providing
a patch, etc.  Both of the maintainers of ghostscript are fairly active
developers.