Re: wheezy postmortem re rc bugfixing

On 2013-05-10 14:57:46 +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Charles Plessy, 2013-05-09]
> >           For a large number of packages if not all, we should allow the
> > package maintainers to manually migrate their packages to Testing during the
> > Freeze, within boundaries set on debian-devel-announce by the release team.
>
> +1

+1

The boundaries shouldn't be very strict, or there could be discussions
between the maintainers and the release team in particular cases where
there could be a big benefit for the user. Note also that not all new
upstream versions are equal (e.g. some are bug-fix releases), not
packages are equal (e.g. some have regression tests...), and not all
upstreams are equal.

> or a soft freeze (as described above) a month (or two) before hard freeze

I doubt that it would change much, unless the hard freeze is time
limited.