Re: wheezy postmortem re rc bugfixing

How about a "slush"? A few projects have this period where changes are
not completely forbidden, but slightly restricted.

For example, we could have a period where new upstream releases (yes,
with huge diffstats) would be accepted if they fix a RC bug.

In fact, I am of the opinion that we should relax the requirements that
the release team systematically review every diff posted during the
freeze, especially if the freeze is going to last almost a year... That
always seemed to me to be an insane amount of work.

And yes, I know that we have a progression of exceptions for the freeze
already, I just feel that we could add an extra window...

But maybe that's just me. :)

A.

--
We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be
more humane and fair than the world your governments have made